Top 10 Lingerie Brands 2022
- La Perla
- Aubade Paris
- Chantal Thomass
- Agent Provocateur
- Gilda and Pearl
- Myla London
- Dolce and Gabbana
- Dita von Teese
- Fleur du Mal
- I.D. Sarrieri
You know, I could easily spend $650 on La Perla lingerie without the slightest hesitation, yet be reluctant to part with the exact same amount of money in order to purchase a pair of beauteous shoes.
It may seem odd or sound obscene, but its explanation is quite simple; I honestly believe that what’s underneath counts. The feeling that wearing beautiful, luxurious lingerie gives me, can be counted in two words – sexy and powerful. Even though I’m the only one who gets to see it, with the exception of my significant other, I know that it’s there, and that’s all that really matters!
Those of you who are new to It’s Beyond My Control, welcome to my vintage fashion blog for the modern woman with a unique style! My credo:
Life is too short to wear ordinary clothes and boring lingerie!
Most of my clothes are from the 1930s to the late 1950s. I also have a penchant for vintage lingerie. In fact, I’m obsessed with 1940s knickers and slips bearing the CC41 tag. As of October 2020, I have over 80 pieces and counting.
Here are tips on how to shop for vintage lingerie!
I’m not a vintage purist, I like to pair true vintage pieces with contemporary ones, and truth is that I can resist everything except beautiful, luxurious lingerie, be it vintage or contemporary.
In the picture below, I paired the Aubade silk cami with a 1950s slip.
I could easily write an entire paragraph on the importance of stockings and garter belts that I wear underneath all my clothes, even slacks, but I’d rather focus on the top 10 lingerie brands that every woman should be familiar with if she shares my passion for luxury!
It’s All About The Right Fit
- Do you know the exact measurements of your bust and underbust?
- Do you know what bra shape suits you best? Then you are one lucky lady!
- If however, you do need help to find the PERFECT fit and are not sure where to start, I strongly recommend getting in touch with Tallulah Lingerie Boutique for a private appointment. You will not be disappointed!
Top 10 Lingerie brands. What’s underneath counts!
Please note, I treat all the brands listed in this article as No.1
1. La Perla
- Ada Masotti opened La Perla corset boutique, the beacon of boudoir glamour and elegance in Bologna in 1954.
- Masotti’s motto was: “Never compromise on quality and innovation” and that’s what the company is still all about.
- The moment you enter La Perla shop you will be surrounded by glamour, romance and elegance.
- I can’t get enough of the soft silk lingerie decorated with lace and embroidery. I have never managed to leave their shop without at least one “little” purchase. It’s beyond my control.
DISCLOSURE: As of October 2021, I’m part of an affiliate program, and I get a small commission for purchases made through Shop My Favourites links in this post. That’s how I keep my website alive, for which I’m very grateful to you. All opinions expressed here are mine!
Shop My Favourite La Perla Pieces!
2. Aubade Paris
I wrote an in-depth article about Aubade a few years back when we did a collaboration together. It’s still one of my favourite lingerie brands of all time! Very sexy, flirtatious and comfortable with unparalleled quality, as well as a great fit.
I’m wearing the silk-satin Aubade slip with jacquard lace.
3. Chantal Thomass
- Chantal Thomass launched her first ready to wear brand Ter et Bantine in the late 60s and Brigitte Bardot was one of her most faithful fans.
- In the 70s she introduced lingerie to her fashion shows and treated it more like an outer garment than anything else.
- In 1975 she started the Chantal Thomass label. For me, her lingerie is pure seduction!
- I love, love her website which you have to discover for yourself as much as I do all her lingerie pieces.
- I always stop at her boutique when I’m in Paris because sadly she doesn’t stock in the UK except for hosieries, which you can buy at Harrods, and playful umbrellas, which I saw at one of my favourite shops in London, Fortnum & Mason!
Shop My Favourite Chantal Thomass Pieces!
4. Agent Provocateur
- The iconic British brand Agent Provocateur was founded in 1994 by Joseph Corre, the son of Vivienne Westwood, and his now ex-wife Serena Reese.
- It was sold in 2007 and sadly, the brand lost its entire identity at first, but now in 2021, it’s finally back on track to its iconic status.
- The 2021 collection is simply fabulous!
- I really like their bodysuits so much that I have a full drawer of them.
- Their lingerie is fun and provocateur some would say, kinky!
The brand has lots of pieces perfect for a vintage vixen.
I wore the pink and orange Agent Provocateur body in the “Maid in England” editorial shot by Gregory Michael King.
Shop My Favourite Agent Provocateur Pieces!
5. Gilda and Pearl
If you are looking for the most luxurious pyjamas in the world, that will make you feel like a movie star from the 1940s, look no further. Gilda and Pearl brand has you covered as it’s the answer to your vintage pyjama dreams!
Find out more from the Silk Pyjamas for Vintage Vixen article!
Shop My Favourite Gilda and Pearl pieces!
6. Myla London
- Myla was launched in 2000 by two friends; Charlotte Semler and Nina Hampson.
- The brand was reinvented and relaunched in 2017 with the CEO, Garry Hogarth and COO, Leila Habibi from Agent Provocateur.
- Myla is the perfect lingerie brand for women who want beautiful and yet functional pieces.
- I adore their very well made and reasonably priced bras and knickers. Maida Vale and Wells Street are currently my favourite collections.
- I would describe all Myla’s collections as feminine, romantic and sensual.
Shop My Favourite Myla Pieces!
7. Dolce and Gabbana
- Nobody does a leopard print like Dolce and Gabbana and that’s all you need to know to be lured to buy their lingerie which is incredibly comfortable, and the brand to go for if you wish to unleash your inner animal!
- I own two pairs of Dolce and Gabbana knickers and bras, all leopard print, of course. I bought the first set in 2007 and believe it or not but it’s still in great condition!
Shop My Favourite Dolce and Gabbana Pieces!
8. Dita von Teese
I discovered the Dita von Teese lingerie during my trip to Australia in 2017.
I was caught in the rain and found refuge in the Myer’s department store. Waiting for the torrential rain to stop, I was perusing the lingerie floor, and when I was about to move on to the beauty department, there it was, an entire section devoted to Dita von Teese lingerie. One beautiful piece after another calling out my name.
Dominique, Dominique, you need us!
Ok, I made that up but it was my justification for leaving the shop with half of the collection. It was beyond my control.
- Dita von Teese lingerie is well made, extremely comfortable and beyond beautiful!
- It comes in a variety of sizes and is reasonably priced.
- One thing to note though, the sizing is not consistent. The bra you see in the picture above is 34b and fits me well, but I had to go a size up in a set from a different collection.
Shop My Favourite Dita von Teese Pieces!
Brevity is the soul of lingerie.
9. Fleur du Mal
- Fleur du Mal, the name inspired by Le Fleurs du Mal by one of my favourite poets, Charles Baudelaire, is a luxury brand founded in 2012 by Jennifer Zuccarini. Nine years later and the brand goes strong creating unforgettable collections.
- I adore the brand for its seductive designs, delicate embroidery and luxurious fabrics. The Lily longline bra with matching high waisted pants and suspender belt is utter perfection, and so is the Top Stitch Convertible bra in rose pink.
10. I.D. Sarrieri
- I.D. Sarrieri is a luxury lingerie brand for the most demanding woman who knows exactly what she wants.
- You will recognise the brand immediately by the exquisite chantilly lace and bodysuits that look like a work of art.
- And just like any good work of art, it comes at a hefty price, but if you can afford, buy it, it’s definitely worth it. After all it’s couture.
Shop My Favourite I.D. Sarrieri Pieces
Take Care of Your Precious Lingerie!
- Once you find that perfect lingerie piece, take care of it so that you can enjoy it for years to come!
- I handwash all my vintage and contemporary knickers and bras using Eucalan Wrapture. It smells of jasmine and doesn’t require a rinse!
Shop My Favourite Laundry Detergent!
What is Your Favourite lingerie brand?
best lingerie brandsDita von Teese lingerie reviewluxury lingerie brandstop 10 lingerie brands 2022vintage fashion bloggervintage lingerie blog