Today’s post, entitled Winter essentials for the vintage girl, is the follow-up to my “How to dress vintage when it’s cold” article from a few weeks ago.
Winter is a harsh mistress, making icicles of us all and sadly the vintage girl is not the exception. With the temperature dropping rapidly and way below my cold threshold, I need to take extreme measures to stay warm. Not an easy thing to do without compromising my vintage look.
I’m thrilled to report, that since writing my last post on the topic, I’ve found the perfect vintage-inspired winter hat, which keeps my head extremely warm and is made of a luxurious faux fur of the highest quality.
Disclosure: The faux fur in this post is sponsored by Helen Moore. All opinions expressed here are mine. It’s also the only faux fur brand I wear!
Thank you, Helen Moore, for introducing me to your incredible brand, I’m officially your number one fan! The Pillbox Hat in Jet is what vintage girls’ dreams in Winter are made of.
I like to imagine that it’s exactly the type of headpiece that Liv Taylor’s character in the film version of Onegin would wear.
- The pillbox hat is not the only winter necessity I found on Helen Moore’s website. Their large selection of alluring vintage-inspired collars and shawls has left me wanting every single piece in every colour available.
- Helen Moore’s wrist warmers are my favourite winter accessory. I wear them on top of my coat’s sleeves to keep my wrists toasty. When it’s necessary for me to remove the coat, in a restaurant, for example, I put the wrist warmers on top of my jacket. It looks really beautiful!
For my Winter essentials for the vintage girl look, I’m wearing;
- Vintage Burberry coat
- Helen Moore’s faux fur pillbox hat, vintage collar and wrist warmers
- Wolford tights
- 1940s brooch
- Vintage gloves
- 1940s hair net from Shazam Pin Up Flowers
Photography, Gregory Michael King
HOW TO STAY WARM IN WINTER
- Tights on top of tights seem to be the perfect solution when you want to stay extra warm. It’s a particularly good idea when the said tights are made of a large net. I like to wear a contrasting colour, underneath black outer tights.
- A thick layer of a good quality moisturiser and a lip balm is a daily must. Trust me, your skin will thank you in the summer!
- I can’t leave the house without a beautiful piece of lingerie or a slip regardless of how cold it is, even if it’s on top of something warm and more practical than luxurious silk.
If you would rather stick to cotton during the winter season, slip into something special the moment you get back home. My sexy Aubade Ligne Soie d’Amour (silk of love) set, hot chocolate and a great book always make me feel warmer and forget about the dreadful weather outside.
- To add a bit of glamour with a dash of extravagance, I highly recommend, that this winter, you get yourself a pair of beautiful shoes. They will go perfectly with everything but especially with silk pyjamas and a film starring Marilyn Monroe. After all, it was the platinum goddess who said,
Give a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world.
DISCLOSURE: I’m part of an affiliate program, and I get a small commission for purchases made through the Shop My Favourites links in this post. That’s how I keep my website alive, for which I’m very grateful to you. Shopping via my affiliate links comes at no additional cost to you. All opinions expressed here are mine!
faux furHelen MooreVintage fashionvintage fashion blogvintage fashion bloggerVintage girlvintage style in winterWinter accessorieswinter essentials for the vintage girl