Last Updated on August 7, 2022 by Dominique de Merteuil
Travel beauty essentials! [EDIT 2022]
Travelling is a big part of my job as a Fashion Editor/Blogger and as glamorous as that may sound, it really isn’t. I spend more time in the departure lounges of boring airports and on the plane getting from point A to point B than in the actual city that I’m visiting for the purpose of having material to write about. In order to speed this process up, I endeavour to only transit with carry-on luggage. However, I’ve never been particularly good at packing (practical things that is) but over the years, I’ve mastered it to some degree, or so I’d like to believe.
To compromise on the clothing you want to take on a short trip is one thing, but choosing the utmost important travel beauty essentials is another. Beauty junkies like myself will surely understand my quandaries when it comes to sticking to the bare minimum of beauty and make-up kit that will suffice a two day trip to Paris where a perfectly manicured look is everything. I’ve been narrowing the list more and more though and I’m now proud to say that I managed to limit myself to the magical number nine of the nine magical products and here they are.
DISCLOSURE; As of October 2021, [I published this article in 2015] I’m part of the Shop Style Collective affiliate program and I get a commission for purchases made through some of the links in this post. When you buy a product via the link in my post you are helping to keep my website alive for which I’m very grateful!
The Must-Have Travel Beauty Essentials
Coco Chanel once said;
A woman who doesn’t wear perfume has no future.
I couldn’t agree with her more and that’s why perfume is the first on my travel beauty essentials list. Opium by YSL is literally my opium and I don’t leave the house without it!
Batiste Shampoo – The Instant Hair Refresh
- Batiste dry shampoo, the instant hair refresh is a real hair-saver when you simply can’t wash your hair.
- Or like it’s the case with me, you have a vintage hairstyle that doesn’t require a wash every day.
- Batiste shampoo comes in different fragrances but my absolute favourites are Floral and Blush!
Feather & Bone Exfoliator that Fits in Your Purse
- Feather & Bone exfoliator which was sent to me a while ago to try is one of the most brilliant new face products if you travel a lot because the tiny tablet works as a cleanser, exfoliator and moisturiser all in one.
- It’s made of natural ingredients, my favourite sandalwood being one of them.
- The instruction calls for adding a tiny bit of water, which will turn the tablet into a paste.
- I leave it on my face for about 15-20 minutes before rinsing off, which makes the skin on my face feel incredibly tight as if I had a facelift!
If your skin is dry or sensitive, you might be interested in my in-depth article about the top 10 makeup removers.
- I use different makeup removers. The one brand that never disappoints is Shiseido and their Future Solution LX Extra Rich Cleansing Foam is no exception.
- You can read more about it in my article, Top 10 Shiseido products
- Shiseido Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate
- I usually apply this miracle worker before a moisturiser but it’s absolutely perfect on its own especially when I travel and taking both is not an option.
- Sisley Comfort Extreme Levres and Kiehl’s Buttermask for lips never leave my sight. I use the products interchangeably all year round, and I can’t think of a better remedy for dry lips.
- I have short and straight eyelashes, truly awful, and I often wear faux lashes. Unfortunately, I’m not very skilled in applying them, so when I travel, I use a lengthening mascara instead.
- I simply can’t live without the newly discovered Dr Irena Eris Perfect Lashes Mascara, as well as their Lashes Growth Mascara. If you live outside the EU and can’t get hold of the Dr Irena Eris brand, I can wholeheartedly recommend Pat McGrath FetishEYES Mascara.
The Red Lipstick
- Red lipstick either by YSL, Pat McGrath, Besame or KIKO MILANO is an absolute must-have for me. You can analyse me as much as you like but I feel naked without my lips being painted red.
- If you don’t have much space in your luggage for a bag full of makeup, I suggest you take your favourite lipstick and nothing else!
The Nail Polish
- Beautifully manicured hands are a sign that you pay attention to details!
- Red, black and pale pink are the preferred colours for my nails. Remember, no matter how expensive the nail polish is, it will probably chip off during your trip so don’t forget to take it with you for a touch-up!
And What Are Your Favourite Beauty Travel Essentials?
Shop The Look!beauty blog reviewsbeauty essentialsbest beauty products for a short tripbest makeup and beauty products for a short holidaytravel beauty essentialstravel beauty essentials 2022what to take with you for a weekend trip