November 24, 2021
Last Updated on November 6, 2023 by Dominique de Merteuil
Best Winter Skin Care Products 2024
If you are looking for the best winter skin care products for dry, sensitive skin with the first signs of fine lines, this article is for you!
- The Ordinary
- Dr Irena Eris
- Rio Rosa
- Molton Brown
- La Roche- Posay
BEST WINTER SKIN CARE PRODUCTS FOR THE EVENING
DISCLOSURE: I’m part of an affiliate program, and I get a small commission for purchases made through Shop This Post links below this post. That’s how I keep my website alive, for which I’m very grateful to you. All opinions expressed here are mine! Also, I purchased all of the cosmetics featured in this post!
My Top 10 Beauty Products for Winter!
If you know the plight of dry and sensitive skin, you know that it needs extra care and protection in cold weather. A good moisturiser is key to hydrated skin but it’s certainly not enough if you also want a plump, wrinkle-free face with an added glow.
Here is a list of cosmetics I tested and can wholeheartedly recommend to anyone who wants beautifully looking skin this winter.
1. Peeling Mask-The Ordinary AHA 30%+BHA 2% Peeling Solution
Recently, a dear friend of mine from California told me about a little miracle product called AHA 30%+BHA 2% Peeling Solution by The Ordinary brand. I tried it twice, and can already say that I can’t imagine my beauty routine without it! Thank you, Olimpia!
- The AHA and BHA exfoliate the skin, clear pores and reduce fine lines.
- My skin was instantly brighter and smoother, but I can’t comment on the reduction of the fine lines as I’ve only used the product a couple of times so stay tuned!
Word Of Advice.
- Firstly, this product is not for everyone! The only way to find out if it’s right for you is to test it by applying a small amount to your dry forehead and leaving it for no longer than 10 minutes. At least that’s what I did. Use a make-up brush or protective gloves because this product will stain your fingers.
- If you start feeling any burning or other unwanted sensations, remove the product immediately!
- Secondly, don’t ever leave the product on for longer than 10 minutes!
- Thirdly, always use an SPF cream afterwards as your skin will be sensitive to the sun. This is why chemical peels should be done only in winter! I’ve just discovered a brilliant face cream with SPF50 and if you are curious about what it is, keep reading!
- Last but not least, according to information on The Ordinary brand’s official website, the AHA 30%+BHA 2% Peeling Solution shouldn’t be used more than twice a week and is unsuitable for sensitive skin. I have very sensitive skin and yet, I didn’t experience any problems after using the product.
2. Night/Day Cream- Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream
- This moisturiser is in the make-up kit of every make-up artist and fashion model I know. It’s been in my kit for the past decade.
- It’s suitable for all skin types and perfect as a base for a homemade BB cream. Ad a little bit of your favourite foundation to a tiny amount of Kiehl’s Ultra Facial cream and voila!
3. Shiseido Moisturisers for winter
I’ve been using Shiseido creams for over 16 years and they remain on top of the list of my favourite creams of all time. You might be interested in the Top 10 Shiseido Products article I wrote in 2015 which I update regularly with reviews of their new products.
If you want to splurge on something special this winter, I recommend the Shiseido Uplifting &Firming Set.
3. Lip Night Care – Kiehl’s Buttermask for night
- I have one word to say about this product. LIFESAVER!
- If your cracked lips need something much stronger than lip balm, Kiehl’s Buttermask is the answer you’ve been looking for. Apply a small amount before going to sleep and wake up with kissable lips.
4. Face Oil – Rosehip Seed Oil Rio Rosa
- The first time I used Rio Rosa Oil was around 2007 and it’s still one of the best rose oils I’ve ever had. Sadly, you can only buy it in the UK, but the good news is that they ship internationally.
- I’m a huge fan of the Rio Rosa face oil, I use it three times a week, always in the evening and I think that this product is one of the main reasons why I have very few fine lines.
5. Beauty Mask – Dr Irena Eris Circalogy Nourishing & Skin Empowering Overnight Mask
Disclosure: Dr. Eris products in this article are sponsored. All opinions expressed here are mine! I’m a HUGE fan of the brand, I’ve tried many of their other products since publishing this post and love them all.
- Dr Irena Eris is a famous Polish cosmetic brand I only discovered recently but I’m already a fan and I will be testing and reviewing more of their skin care products in due course.
- The Circalogy line prevents premature skin ageing.
- The Nourishing & Skin Empowering Overnight Mask is a great solution for dry skin.
- It’s in the form of a pretty pink gel that smells divine!
- I apply a very thin layer on my face and neck and leave it overnight. Once a week is enough so the 50ml jar lasts for a long time.
6. Anti Wrinkle Cream – The Ordinary Granactive Retinoid 5% in Squalane
Caution: Retinoids can make skin sensitive to UV radiation. Apply a cream with high SPF when using retinoids.
- This is the second product I purchased from The Ordinary and it won’t be my last.
- I haven’t been using it long enough to tell you whether it works wonders or not but my skin feels fantastic, and I hope that this high-strength retinoid will prevent the appearance of new fine lines.
- It’s not causing any irritation to my sensitive skin.
- It’s a great alternative for those who find Retinol too aggressive.
7. Body Lotion- Molton Brown
- 16 years ago, my husband, the fiance at the time, brought a gift box from London to NYC containing lots of fantastic Molton Brown products to win over my mom, and it worked. That’s how powerful Molton Brown cosmetics are!
- I can’t recommend their body lotion, hand cream and shower gel strong enough. Love the Fiery Pink Pepper scent and always have a miniature one in my purse.
8. Hand Cream- Molton Brown
You can tell the age of a woman by her neck and her hands. Two most overlooked body parts during a skin care routine. There are a couple of hand creams I use daily but the Fiery Pink Pepper by Molton Brown is the one you will always find in my purse.
- Shea butter, meadowfoam seed oil and the scent of patchouli make this product irresistible!
- A beauty tip I picked from my mom when I was a teenager, wear cotton gloves at night, after applying a generous layer of hand cream. Your hands will be very smooth in the morning.
Velvet slippers might not be very warm but wearing them around my boudoir in winter warms my heart.
Best Winter Skin Care Products for the Morning
BEST WINTER SKIN CARE PRODUCTS FOR THE MORNING
1. Daily Moisturiser- Dr Eris Clinic Way Ultra Sensitive Skin Anti-Aging SPF50
How did I not know about this cream?! I love skin care products with SPF50 and there aren’t that many on the market for sensitive skin.
- The Clinic Way line designed for anti-wrinkle and anti-ageing skin care is perfect for the most sensitive skin.
- The patented FGF1 LMS smooths wrinkles and improves skin elasticity.
- My favourite SPF50 protects the skin against pollution and harmful UVA, UVB, IR and HEV.
- I made the mistake the first time around of applying too much of the cream and it left a bit of a white residue. You need a tiny amount of the Clinic Way Ultra Sensitive Skin cream and if you have very dry skin you might want to use derma cream first but I find it unnecessary, and I do have dry skin!
- Last but not least, and I’m not sure if it’s because I had used The Ordinary AHA 30%+BHA 2% Peeling Solution before I applied Dr Eris Clinic Way Ultra Sensitive Skin Anti-Aging, but the cream made my skin so soft and smooth that I looked as if I was retouched! LOVE this product so much that I will be testing others from the Clinic Way line.
Dr Irena Eris Algorithm Line
*I’ve also tried the ALGORITHM line from Dr Irena Eris and I’m thrilled to report that the Impressive Recovery Night Cream is a (winter) miracle worker. With its hydrating and smoothing properties, it erases fine lines like a Photoshop tool.
2. Lip Day Care- Sisley Nutritive Lip Balm
- It’s the best lip balm I’ve ever used. A real miracle worker for dried-out and cracked lips.
- Key ingredients: Shea butter, hazelnut, sunflower, kokum and plum.
3. Hand Cream-Molton Brown
- The hand cream for the morning, afternoon and evening! No such thing as overdoing it!
4. Body Moisturizer-La Roche – Posay Lipikar Body Lotion
- I have extremely dry skin and I’m prone to an allergic reaction to washing detergents, soaps, body scrubs and lotions. The Posay Lipikar Body moisturizer saved me from itchy, dull skin.
- It’s perfect for skin with eczema!
- Non-greasy, fast-absorbing and fragrance-free therefore perfect for those who dislike scented cosmetics.
- La Roche- Posay Prebiotic Thermal Water is the key ingredient here and in all other La Roche-Posay products. It also contains shea butter, glycerine as well as niacinamide which is a form of vitamin B3.
- I use La Roche lotion immediately after a shower, and Molton Brown in the evening.
5. Decorté Kimono Fragrance Collection Body Lotion
If you have a penchant for fragranced body lotions and beauteous packaging, you will love the Decorte Kimono Fragrance Collection! I must admit that I bought it purely as an ornament for my vanity desk but it turned out that the Decorte body lotion is so much more than an eye candy. The seductive Urara scent is a blend of my favourite notes; Sandalwood, Mask, Bergamot and Japanese water lily. I’m happy to report that the product caused no rash on my ridiculously sensitive skin, which makes it suitable for all skin types.
6. THE EXTRA. Yardley Perfumed Talc
- Yardley was founded in England in the 1770s and it’s one of the most famous soap houses in the UK. Their perfumed talc is legendary and between the lavender, rose, violets and my favourite lily of the valley you will be spoiled for choice.
- This is a product I use all year long because the scent reminds me of the flowers in my garden from when I was a child.
SHOP MY FAVOURITES