May 29, 2015
Last Updated on November 28, 2023 by Dominique de MerteuilHome » Vintage Beauty »
Best Shiseido Beauty Products of All Time!
[Top 10 Shiseido products LIST UPDATE 2023] I’ve been using Shiseido beauty products on my dry and prone to allergic reaction skin for over a decade, and my love for the brand is still growing!
This article is NOT a sponsored post but an honest review of (the best ) Shiseido creams and serums I bought and tested over the years and can wholeheartedly recommend.
I know only one woman who is a bigger shopaholic when it comes to beauty products than I am, that woman happens to be my mom.
She is a tough customer who doesn’t get excited about just any newly discovered product, no matter how beautifully packed, well-presented, and advertised.
Once every blue moon, however, when she finds something really, really good, the shopping spree begins.
Naturally, the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. It should come as no surprise that when one difficult-to-please shopaholic told another even harder-to-please shopaholic, about the magical powers of Shiseido products, the budget for cosmetics was cancelled ( who needs to eat!), and the shopping spree began. What can I say except that It’s Beyond My Control.
Here are my top 10 Shiseido products of all time.
Top Shiseido Beauty Products 2023
I regularly buy and test Shiseido cosmetics and here is the best of what the brand has to offer. Scroll to read a detailed review of each of the beauty products.
- Shiseido Vital Perfection Uplifting and Firming Cream
- Benefiance Wrinkle Resist 24 and/or Overnight Wrinkle-resisting cream
- Shiseido Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate
- Bio-Performance Super Revitalising Cream
- Shiseido White Lucent Power Brightening Mask
- Shiseido Extra Creamy Cleansing Foam
- Shiseido Cleansing Oil
- Benefiance Wrinkle Resist 24 Pure Retinol Express Smoothing Eye Mask
- Shiseido Benefiance Wrinkle Smoothing Serum
- Sun Protection Eye Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 34/ Body Lotion SPF 50
DISCLOSURE; As of October 2021 (six years after I published this article), I’m part of an affiliate program and I get a commission for purchases made through links in this post. When you purchase a product via the link in my post you are helping to keep my website alive for which I’m very grateful! All opinions expressed here are mine!
Must-Have Shiseido Sunscreen 2023
Summer is here and if your skin is as pale as mine and you burn easily in the sun, a good sunscreen with high SPF is a must! I’ve been using Shiseido sun protector lotion and face cream with SPF50 for as long as I can remember and it’s simply an impenetrable shield that will protect you from the sun’s harmful rays.
Best Shiseido Gift Sets!
Holidays are fast approaching and if you are looking for the perfect gift for your fellow beauty product aficionado, look no further. Shiseido has some lovely gift sets even for the most demanding skin.
FAQ – About the Shiseido Brand
Arinobu Fukuhara founded Shiseido in 1872 in Ginza, Tokyo, and it was Japan’s first Western-style pharmacy promoting and selling high-quality medicine.
In 1916, Shinzo Fukuhara launched the cosmetic department, separated from the pharmacy. Arinobu focused on medicine, whereas Shinzo on beauty.
“Eudermine” lotion was Shiseido’s first cosmetic.
“Hanatsubaki” was the first Japan-made perfume.
In 1922, Helen Grossman, the head of Shiseido’s beauty hair department, showed w new Western hairstyle, the “Mimikakushi”, that became very popular in Japan as it was perfect for both kimono and clothes.
In 1959, Shiseido opened its Beauty School.
Shiseido is known for its innovative cosmetics of superb quality.
Top 10 Shiseido Beauty Products
Here’s my personal list of the top 10 Shiseido beauty products along with my honest review of each of them.
You might also be interested in my article about the best make-up for hooded eyes.
1. Shiseido Vital Perfection Uplifting and Firming Cream
Shiseido Vital Perfection Uplifting and Firming cream is in my humble opinion one of the best Shiseido cosmetics of all time and here is why.
My previous No1, the Refining Moisturizer Enriched IBUKI is now discontinued, and that’s why I swapped it for the incredible Shiseido Vital Perfection Uplifting and Firming cream.
I’ve been a fan of Shiseido’s Refining Moisturizer Enriched IBUKI cream for years but as it’s sadly no longer available, I found the perfect alternative, the Shiseido Vital Perfection Uplifting and Firming Cream.
My skin is in love with this product! It has a very delicate, almost undetectable scent, and it doesn’t leave a greasy filter on the face which is incredibly important if you are applying foundation on top of it.
Also, it dries fast and the skin feels deeply hydrated and smooth. I’m at an age where my skin is much more demanding and I’m now buying more anti-ageing beauty products than ever before. This particular cream gives the feeling of very tightened skin which is great.
2. Shiseido Benefiance Wrinkle Resisting Cream
Benefiance with Retinol is a powerful line of cosmetics that helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles!
[UPDATE] I published this post in 2015 when my skin showed no fine lines. It’s the year 2023 and my 40+year-old skin has slightly different needs. The Benefiance Wrinkle Resist/Overnight Wrinkle Resisting cream is on top of my list now.
Shiseido Overnight Wrinkle Resisting Cream is an age-defying, night-time moisturiser for women in their 40s. I accidentally bought it (grabbed the wrong box) as I was buying lots of other Shiseido products. A happy accident indeed! I used it first after I had run out of Shiseido Ultimune and I like the results very much as it leaves my skin deeply moisturised and smooth.
Shiseido Wrinkle Smoothing Day Cream SPF 23
Get smoother skin with one of my favourite daytime moisturizers, although when it comes to Shiseido, I hate playing favourites. KOMBU-Bounce Complex helps reduce wrinkles while Turmeric Extract soothes and improves elasticity.
Shiseido Wrinkle Smoothing Eye Cream
After using the cream for several months, the wrinkles and dark circles around the eyes were visibly reduced. The formula contains powerful peptides and squalane that work together to smooth fine lines and diminish six different types of eye area concerns, including crow’s feet, lid creases, puffiness, and stress wrinkles between the brows. Additionally, the cream includes ginseng extract, caffeine, and a blend of Japanese botanicals that help to brighten the eyes and reduce dark circles.
3. Shiseido Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate
Shiseido Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate is a little miracle worker.Dominique de Merteuil
The Ultimune face serum is a remarkable skin care product from Shiseido that utilizes ImuGenerationRED Technology™ to double skin’s defence.
This Power Infusing Concentrate is not only (one of) the best Shiseido skincare products but also the most iconic anti-ageing serum.
It nourishes the skin with essential nutrients, visibly reducing signs of ageing, enhancing hydration, and improving radiance.
The latest version of the Ultimune serum is even more potent, thanks to its innovative double anti-ageing technology that harnesses eight botanical ingredients to unlock healthy, youthful-looking skin.
I didn’t list it as no1 because I still gravitate towards Vital Perfection Uplifting and Firming Cream but my fabulous mom and her almost flawless skin would argue that the Ultimune serum is superior to any other anti-aging serum. I believe that we are both right!
- I use the Shiseido Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate in the morning before applying the moisturiser.
- My skin feels hydrated and extremely smooth.
SHOP NOW OR REGRET IT LATER
4. Shiseido Bio-Performance Super Revitalising Cream
Targeting fine lines and wrinkles, and preventing further signs of ageing, Shiseido’s Bio Performance Super Revitalising Cream is perfect for all skin types from the 30s onwards. Bio-Performance was the first cosmetic line composed of Bio-Hyaluronic Acid known for its ability to retain moisture and as the source of natural moisturising.
It feels fantastic on the skin and after five months of using it, I can honestly say that my fine lines are almost invisible. I would add that according to Mr de Merteuil, I didn’t have any fine lines in the first place so I might not be the best case study.
5. Shiseido White Lucent Power Brightening Mask is at the top of my list of best Shiseido products
I’ve bought many brightening masks in my life, some I like a little bit more than others but I haven’t found one that would make me really happy with the results until I used Shiseido’s White Lucent Power Brightening Mask. I’m now addicted to it!
If it’s to be believed what says on the Shiseido official website, the mask was inspired by iontophoresis, a treatment that saturates skin with brightening ingredients. The results are impressive, my skin looked brighter after the first use.
6. Shiseido Extra Creamy Cleansing Foam [UPDATE 2023]
I can’t find this one anymore so I replaced it with the Future Solution LX Extra Rich Cleansing Foam!
Shiseido Future Solution LX Extra Rich Cleansing Foam is a very rich foaming cleanser that is perfect for removing impurities.
- There are several Shiseido cleansers but I haven’t tested all of them as yet. The Extra Rich Foam Cleanser grabbed my attention because it’s allegedly an anti-ageing product.
- I start my morning beauty routine by applying a tiny amount of cleanser to my face and neck. I massage the skin for about two minutes then rinse it with water.
- The product is very delicate and doesn’t dry the skin as much as so many other cleansers on the market. In fact, my skin feels great!
7. Shiseido Cleansing Oil
Top product! You can use Shiseido Perfect Cleansing Oil on dry or wet skin to remove makeup.
- I use this particular cleansing oil, interchangeable with the Future Solution LX Extra Rich Cleansing Foam, to remove impurities.
- When it comes to makeup removers, I’m a huge fan of Shu Uemura Cleansing Beauty Oil Premium A/I for dry, sensitive skin, and I’m hard to impress, but the Shiseido Cleansing Oil is definitely the second best and it will have permanent place on my bathroom shelf.
- It smells great!
- You don’t need to use that much of it, leaving the skin feeling moisturised.
8. Shiseido’s Benefiance Wrinkle Resist 24 Pure Retinol Express Smoothing Eye Mask
*EDIT 2023 – I simply can’t get enough of this mask!
Shiseido’s Benefiance Wrinkle Resist 24 Pure Retinol Express Smoothing Eye Mask, instantly reduces wrinkles’ appearance. No surprise there. After all, Retinol is considered one of the most effective anti-ageing ingredients in the world because it “attacks” corner crinkling, crow’s feet and under-eye wrinkles.
You can use it 2-3 times a week and considering that there are 12 packets there is no need to save it for special occasions 🙂 What can I say, It’s Beyond My Control.
9. Shiseido Benefiance Wrinkle Smoothing Serum
Shiseido Benefiance Wrinkle Smoothing Serum is what I call “The Photoshop effect” as your skin feels unbelievably smooth after using it, and fine lines disappear (for a while).
- I can compare it to the feeling I have after coming back from a two-hour- facial!
- Key ingredients ReNeura Technology and Retinol.
- Yes, I definitely see a difference in my appearance after using it every other day. A healthy diet and a strict beauty regime might also contribute to the good looks of my skin.
- The serum smells divine! It reminds me of an old-fashioned face powder.
10. Shiseido Sun Protection Eye Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 34
The perfect sunscreen in the summer! Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protector Face Cream SPF 50 is an absolute must-have for women like me who cherish their porcelain white skin and want to protect it from the sun’s damaging influence.
- I’ve been using Shiseido’s Sun Protective Lotion with SPF 50 for a few years now. In my opinion, it’s the best one on the market. I simply couldn’t resist buying something else from their sun care range.
- My new find certainly doesn’t disappoint! It’s perfect for everyday use, especially in the Summer.
- It’s water-resistant, absorbs fast and it’s not sticky like some of the other brands I’ve tried.
You Might also be Interested in the Best Winter Skin Care Products article.
What is Your favourite Shiseido product?
Shop My Favourite Shiseido Products!