[LIST UPDATE 2021] There is only one woman I know, who is a bigger shopaholic when it comes to beauty products than I, that woman happens to be my mom!
She is a tough customer who doesn’t get excited about just any newly discovered product, no matter how beautifully packed, well presented, and advertised.
Once every blue moon however when she finds something really, really good, the shopping spree begins. Naturally, the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. It should come as no surprise that when one difficult to please shopaholic told another even harder to please shopaholic, about the magical powers of Shiseido products, the budget for beauty products was cancelled ( who needs to eat!), and the shopping spree began.
I bought more than I should have but what can I say except that It’s Beyond My Control. Here are my Top 10 Shiseido products.
Top 10 Shiseido products
DISCLOSURE; As of October 2021 (six years after I published this article), I’m part of the Shop Style Collective affiliate program and I get a commission for purchases made through links in this post. When you purchase a product via the link in my post you are helping to keep my website alive for which I’m very grateful!
1) Shiseido Vital Perfection Uplifting and Firming Cream!
My previous No1.1 Shiseido product was the Refining Moisturizer Enriched IBUKI – unfortunately, the line is now discontinued!
I’ve been a fan of Shiseido’s Refining Moisturizer Enriched IBUKI cream for years but as it’s sadly discontinued, I swapped to Shiseido Vital Perfection Uplifting and Firming Cream and I’m in love with the product! Just as it was with IBUKI, it has a very delicate almost undetectable smell, and it doesn’t leave a greasy filter on the face which is incredibly important if you are applying foundation on top of it. Also, it dries really fast and yet the skin feels deeply hydrated and smooth. I’m at an age where my skin is much more demanding and I’m now buying more anti-ageing beauty products than ever before.
If you could buy only one product from Shiseido that would be definitely the one to opt for!
2) Shiseido Benefiance Wrinkle Resist 24
[UPDATE] I published this post in 2015 when my skin had no signs of wrinkles. It’s the year 2021 and my 40-year-old skin has slightly different needs. The Benefiance Wrinkle Resist/Overnight Wrinkle Resisting cream is on top of my list now!
Shiseido Overnight Wrinkle Resisting cream is an age-defying, night-time moisturiser for women in their 40s. I bought it by accident (grabbed the wrong box) as I was buying lots of other Shiseido products. A happy accident indeed! I used it first after I had run out of Shiseido Ultimune and I like the results very much as it leaves my skin deeply moisturised and smooth.
3) Shiseido Bio-Performance Super Revitalising Cream
Targeting fine lines and wrinkles, and preventing further signs of ageing, Shiseido’s Bio Performance Super Revitalising Cream is perfect for all skin types from the 30s onwards. Bio-Performance was the first cosmetic line composed of Bio-Hyaluronic Acid known for its ability to retain moisture and as the source of natural moisturising. It feels fantastic on the skin and after five months of using it, I can honestly say that my fine lines are almost invisible. I would add that according to Mr de Merteuil, I didn’t have any fine lines in the first place so I might not be the best case study.
4) Shiseido White Lucent Power Brightening Mask
I’ve bought many brightening masks in my life, some I like a little bit more than others but I haven’t found one that would make me really happy with the results until I used Shiseido’s White Lucent Power Brightening Mask. I’m now addicted to it! If it’s to be believed what it says on the Shiseido official website, the mask was inspired by iontophoresis, a treatment that saturates skin with brightening ingredients. The results are impressive, my skin looked brighter even after the first use.
5) Shiseido Extra Creamy Cleansing Foam- I can’t find this one anymore so I replaced it with the Future Solution LX Extra Rich Cleansing Foam!
Shiseido Future Solution LX Extra Rich Cleansing Foam is a very rich foaming cleanser that is perfect for removing impurities.
- There are several Shiseido cleansers but I haven’t tested all of them yet. The Extra Rich Foam Clensear grabbed my attention because it’s allegedly an anti-ageing product.
- I start my morning beauty routine by applying a tiny amount of cleanser to my face and neck. I massage the skin for about two minutes then rinse with water.
- The product is very delicate and doesn’t dry the skin as much as so many other cleansers on the market. In fact, my skin feels great!
6) Shiseido Perfect Cleansing Oil
Shiseido Perfect Cleansing Oil can be used on dry or wet skin to remove make-up.
- I use this particular cleansing oil, interchangeable with the Future Solution LX Extra Rich Cleansing Foam, to remove impurities.
- When it comes to makeup removers, I’m a huge fan of Shu Uemura Cleansing Beauty Oil Premium A/I for dry, sensitive skin, and I’m hard to impress, but the Shiseido Cleansing Oil is definitely second best and will have a permanent place on my bathroom shelf.
- It smells great!
- You don’t need to use that much of it and it leaves the skin feeling moisturised.
7) Shiseido’s Benefiance Wrinkle Resist 24 Pure Retinol Express Smoothing Eye Mask
Shiseido’s Benefiance Wrinkle Resist 24 Pure Retinol Express Smoothing Eye Mask, reduces the appearance of wrinkles instantly and no surprise there, after all, Retinol is considered one of the most effective anti-ageing ingredients in the world as it “attacks” corner crinkling, crow’s feet and under-eye wrinkles. It should be used 2-3 times a week and considering that there are 12 packets there is no need to save it only for special occasions 🙂 What can I say, It’s Beyond My Control.
8) Shiseido Benefiance Wrinkle Smoothing Serum
Shiseido Benefiance Wrinkle Smoothing Serum is what I call “The Photoshop effect” as your skin feels unbelievably smooth after using it, and fine lines disappear (for a while).
- I can compare it to the feeling that I have after coming back from a two hour- facial!
- Key ingredients ReNeura Technology and Retinol.
- Yes, I definitely see a difference in my appearance after using it every other day. A healthy diet and a complicated beauty regime might also contribute to how good my skin feels and looks at the present moment.
- The serum smells divine! It reminds me of an old fashioned face powder.
9) Shiseido Sun Protection Eye Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 34
Shiseido Sun Protection Eye Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 34 Sunscreen is an absolute must-have for women like me who cherish their porcelain white skin and want to protect it from the sun’s damaging influence.
- I’ve been using Shiseido’s Sun Protective Lotion with SPF 50 for a few years now. In my opinion, it’s the best one on the market and I simply couldn’t resist buying something else from their sun care range.
- I wasn’t disappointed with my new find either! It’s perfect for everyday use, especially in the Summer.
- It’s water-resistant, absorbs fast and it’s not sticky like some of the other brands I’ve tried.
My favourite Shiseido Sun Protector Face and Body Lotion SPF 50+
10) Shiseido Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate
Last but not least, a little miracle worker that I use as a part of my daily beauty regime!
- I use the Shiseido Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate every morning before applying the moisturiser.
- My skin feels hydrated and smoother than ever before.
What is Your favourite Shiseido product?
Shop The Look!best of Shiseidobest Shiseido moisturiserbest Shiseido productsbuy Shiseido productsShiseidoShiseido cleansing foamShiseido product reviewShiseido Ultimune Power Infusing ConcentrateShiseido Vital Perfection Uplifting and Firming cream reviewtop 10 Shiseido products